Fixed payments after the purchase and property management 

Property Tax (I.B.I – Impuesto de Bienes Inmuebles)  (300-1200€)

Paid annually by the owner of a property to the Town Hall.

Garbage collection charges  (50-100 €)

Paid annually by the owner of a property to the Town Hall.

Electricity (15€+consumption)

Paid monthly. Standard fee per service plus consumption.

Town Water(10€+consumption)

Paid every two months. Standard fee plus consumption.

Community charges and extraordinary expenditures (30-90€+consumption)

This is expenditure is to satisfy the part in the annual budget agreed by all the owners at a General Assembly Meeting, which normally takes place every six months or once a year. It is agreed that each co-owner must contribute to the complex in accordance with his/her own proportion or part within the community.

Apart from the normal charges to be paid by the community, there could be expenditures agreed at a General or an Extraordinary Assembly Meeting. Every proprietor will contribute in accordance with his/her own proportion.

Household Insurance (300-1500 €)

House Insurance is necessary to protect your property in the event of direct material loss or damage in the building/structure or contents. But also the purpose of taking out insurance is to protect you in relation to legal defence, claims for damages to third parties and public liability amongst others.

We recommend Liberty Seguros – Expats Division as they have more than 100,000 international clients in Spain and a wide network of brokers competent in several languages.

Liberty’s call centre works 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, you can sort out things with just a simple telephone call in good English. They also include a home assistance service within the standard premium.

It is easy to arrange according to the amount you wish to cover,. It is not obligatory (unless you have a mortgage), but we do consider it to be necessary.